VirtualUA has been in operation for almost a decade. We have created a platform where we have adapted to the changing flight sim world. We’ve branched out and engaged with our pilots both virtually and with local events. Most recently, we participated in Flight Sim Expo and before that Flight Sim Con. We continue to develop pilot-friendly technology platforms and continually take feedback and implement it in our policies and technology. What sets us apart from the rest and what is most important is our people. Without our member base and staff team, we wouldn’t be where we are today. Thank you to those of you that have continued to support us through the years. We couldn’t do it without you.
VirtualUA, Inc is a proud partner of the VATSIM online flying network. VATSIM offers an additional level of realism providing virtual Air Traffic Control around the world while also displaying other virtual pilots in the sky. VirtualUA is an Authorized Training Organization and can provide pilot training to our VA members. We offer a Private Pilot course, which, when completed, awards the pilot the P1 rating on VATSIM. VATSIM is an exceptional community to belong to, and it’s free! Visit vatsim.net for more information!
We at VirtualUA, Inc. are thrilled to announce that we have been working on a new platform for planning your flights, tracking them, and logging them. This new platform will replace Skynet.
Our new platform Atmos will replace our current Skynet on the web. Atmos will be a ‘one-stop-shop’ for all of your needs. You will be able to manage your account, book flights, review your flight history, and see some of the statistics from all your past flights. Not only that, but it will also encompass our new support system. Whether you need assistance with Technology, Flight Operations, or any other department we have, you will be able to submit a ticket and receive assistance from the appropriate folks. Like any support system you may have used in the past, you will be able to view your requests’ status and any actions on it as well! Here below are some important notes as we transition on August 1 :
- Systems will do down at 6 pm central time, Friday, July 31, 2020. Expected to be back up by 6 am central time on Saturday, August 1, 2020, however, could be sooner. At 6 pm central, all web services will go offline. Both ACARS systems will still be accessible; however, if you try to file a PIREP or anything, there will be an error, and it WILL NOT go through. Users will need to file a manual PIREP once Atmos is online.
- SKYNET and SKYLINK will sunset
- Smartcars will become our primary Flight Tracker, more information will soon be released with our new Custom ACARS
- Users will receive an email with their new pilot ID once systems are back up.
- Discord, email, blog, and ccs will remain online at all times during the system cutover.
- After the cutover, ALL users (except staff) will lose their discord permissions. They will need to login to Atmos and link their Discord account to get their permissions back.
- On the new SmartCARS, it will only show flights you have booked that are departing from your current airport. So if you see no flights, you may need to jumpseat.
- Updates will be sent out throughout the migration process using Discord.
- If you encounter any issues, please email our Support Staff ([email protected]),
Once again, we appreciate all your patience during this transition. We couldn’t do it without the support of our community. This is just a beginning as we continue to move Virtual Aviation forward. Blue Skies!
We at VirtualUA, Inc. are thrilled to announce that we have been working on a new platform for planning your flights, tracking them, and logging them. This new platform will replace Skynet. We will be releasing more information very soon, and we appreciate your patience.
VirtualUA is hard at work preparing our new training program. This new program will outline the new VATSIM training program which is realigned with the current FAA structure of pilot ratings. With hopes of releasing in early fall, be on the lookout for announcements in the near future. In the mean time, the current program is still open for P1 applicants at training.virtualua.org so sign up today!
Vice President, Training
We’re so excited to see that Microsoft has officially announced the release of the much awaited Flight Simulator 2020. The release date is August 18th. We are so excited that Microsoft is back to creating content for the community however, we will always continue to support existing platforms like X-Plane, P3D, FSX with our ACARS as long as members continue to use those platforms. We are so excited to see what this new simulator brings in hopes it rejuvenates the flight simulation industry and attracts new people to our beloved hobby.
I’m sure many of you are wanting to know what this means for our community. We don’t expect there to be any sort of ACARS system that will work for MSFS out of the gate. Since it is a new development we are creating a game plan to figure out a way for pilots to submit their flight reports with VirtualUA. Once we have more information we will send out another communication with information.
Like always thank you so much for being apart of our community. We couldn’t do what we do without your dedication and commitment.
VirtualUA Management Team
VirtualUA, Inc. | www.virtualua.org
Hello VirtualUA Community,
We wanted to give you some important updates regarding VirtualUA Community.
We’re hiring staff members, if you are interested, please fill out our application here: https://bit.ly/vuastaffapp
VirtualUA 2020 2nd Quarter Virtual FireChat is here! You’re invited to join us live on our Discord Server this upcoming Friday, June 26, at 1900 CST/0000z. We will provide the latest update regarding VirtaulUA, and our Technology Consultant will brief the community on our new website progress. Please come out and meet the VirtualUA Team, please RSVP here: https://bit.ly/vuafirechatrsvp . Prizes will be awarded to random participants!
Did you know that SFO is leading for flights this month? They’re at 94 total flights, but Washington Dulles is trailing them at 88. Have you filed your monthly flight?
Don’t forget to submit your monthly screenshot via our #screenshot-competition channel. Please only one submission per month.
FSElite 3rd Edition Magazine is packed with timeless original content, developer interviews and everything you need to know about the new Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Pre-ordering today gives you the benefit of receiving a free digital copy, a discounted rate and being the first to get your hands on a copy.
What to expect:
- Everything you need to know about Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Thrustmaster Hardware Update
- Developer Interviews with Orbx, Virtual-Fly, iniBuilds and more
- Learn to land with tips and tricks from a certified flight instructor
- Product reviews from Aerosoft, PMDG and more
- Community interviews with real-world pilots and YouTubers
- …and much more!
Order yours today at https://magazine.fselite.net/product/pre-order-issue-3/