We at VirtualUA, Inc. are thrilled to announce that we have been working on a new platform for planning your flights, tracking them, and logging them. This new platform will replace Skynet.
Our new platform Atmos will replace our current Skynet on the web. Atmos will be a ‘one-stop-shop’ for all of your needs. You will be able to manage your account, book flights, review your flight history, and see some of the statistics from all your past flights. Not only that, but it will also encompass our new support system. Whether you need assistance with Technology, Flight Operations, or any other department we have, you will be able to submit a ticket and receive assistance from the appropriate folks. Like any support system you may have used in the past, you will be able to view your requests’ status and any actions on it as well! Here below are some important notes as we transition on August 1 :
- Systems will do down at 6 pm central time, Friday, July 31, 2020. Expected to be back up by 6 am central time on Saturday, August 1, 2020, however, could be sooner. At 6 pm central, all web services will go offline. Both ACARS systems will still be accessible; however, if you try to file a PIREP or anything, there will be an error, and it WILL NOT go through. Users will need to file a manual PIREP once Atmos is online.
- SKYNET and SKYLINK will sunset
- Smartcars will become our primary Flight Tracker, more information will soon be released with our new Custom ACARS
- Users will receive an email with their new pilot ID once systems are back up.
- Discord, email, blog, and ccs will remain online at all times during the system cutover.
- After the cutover, ALL users (except staff) will lose their discord permissions. They will need to login to Atmos and link their Discord account to get their permissions back.
- On the new SmartCARS, it will only show flights you have booked that are departing from your current airport. So if you see no flights, you may need to jumpseat.
- Updates will be sent out throughout the migration process using Discord.
- If you encounter any issues, please email our Support Staff ([email protected]),
Once again, we appreciate all your patience during this transition. We couldn’t do it without the support of our community. This is just a beginning as we continue to move Virtual Aviation forward. Blue Skies!