Hello VirtualUA Community!
First and foremost I hope that you’re doing well by staying safe and healthy. The purpose of this communication is to provide some updates on VirtualUA along with some information that hopefully you will find helpful.
Logging into CCS (Crew Communications System)
- CCS is our forum platform where pilots can sign up for events like our upcoming 8th Annual Birthday Bash! You can participate on Forum Discussions, download valuable items like our pilot handbook and ACARS. You can also post screenshots onto CCS. Each month we pick a winner and feature your photo on our website.
- The easiest way to get to CCS is via https://ccs.virtualua.org/.
- If you don’t remember your password you can visit the forgot password link via https://ccs.virtualua.org/index.php?/lostpassword/. Enter your email that is associated with your VirtualUA account and follow the instructions in the email and you’re all set!
- We’re pleased to announce that we have entered our beta testing phase for SmartCARS. Although some server modifications need to be completed before release this gives everyone another platform to use when submitting flight reports.
- Some known issues we have with SmartCARS are the following…. Unfortunately fixing the following would require a major database change which will break SkyNet. The issues will resolve with our new site.
- Unable to retrieve past flight logs
- Passenger/Load is not working currently and must be set to 0.
- Currently you can bid your flight through SkyNet and then retrieve your bid through SmartCARS. Begin the flight report and then submit the report.
- Please remember we are still in the early stages for the beta of SmartCARS. We appreciate any feedback you could post on CCS. Please don’t post issues on Discord as we are using CCS for tracking purposes.
- SmartCARS will be available for download in SkyNet this evening.
Like always thank you so much for being apart of VirtualUA. We continue to strive to be the best organization we can be for you. Please let me know if you have any questions or need anything. We’re always glad to help.